Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Parish School of Religion! Creative, synergistic, and faith-driven volunteers are vital for the productivity and well-being of a PSR program. More importantly, it takes dedicated volunteers to help guide our students to grow in deeper relationship with Christ.
What we are looking for:
At Communion of Saints, we are looking for individuals who are:
- Faith-Driven: An individual who is energized by their Catholic faith and who wishes to share this energy with students so that they may be inspired
- Educated: An individual who is knowledgeable about the teachings of the Catholic Church, while being able to communicate these teachings to a younger age group
- Professional: An individual who is responsible, timely, and dedicated. Someone who can dedicate around 2-2.5 hours on Sunday mornings to teach the faith
- Creative: An individual who can communicate their lessons in an interesting, engaging, and creative way. Someone who can teach beyond a lecture format
- Collaborative: An individual who can work well with a range of age groups. Someone who is accepting of instruction and feedback
- Nurturing: An individual who genuinely cares for the well-being of others, especially the youth.
In addition this, the PSR program seeks men and women 18+. We believe it is vital for students to see a diverse collection of individuals teaching them about the faith. These individuals serve as an example and inspiration for students to carry on their faith from early adulthood onward.
All volunteers must be completely VIRTUS compliant .
If you are interested in volunteering your time please contact the Director of Religious Education, Joseph Alto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-321-0024 ext. 117.